So what’s happening in the world today?
- Aussies are good at claiming good things from New Zealand as our own, but they can keep this one – this year’s annual “Wildfoods Festival” is offering shots of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry flavoured horse semen. Let’s hope they’re not offering it on tap. (Yahoo!)
- for some reason there’s an uproar about McDonald’s new combo meal containing enough calories for a whole day. They needn’t worry, because no-one will buy it – it only comes with a medium fries, regular sundae and no thickshake. Madness. (news.com.au)
- Max Silvestri’s Top Chef All-Stars roundup at Eater National is always good for a laugh. This week the crew made cookies for Cookie Monster, and Angelo wore some horrific socks.
- the British Nutrition Foundation says that eating red meat can be good for you. Thank God for that, no more luncheon henchen sandwiches. (Daily Mail)
- those folks at Food Network have excelled themselves yet again with this week’s star recipe, “dried fruit and nuts“. (via Food Network Humor)
- and lastly, a shameless plug for my new blog, Ranting for Beginners, where I complain about all things non-food related.